Pages

28 June 2009

Daddy's In Charge

Yesterday, my wonderful husband gave me most of the day off. Well, technically I just told him he was in charge, I needed to SLEEP! It has been nearly 19 weeks of not but maybe a handful of good night's sleep! Lo still doesn't sleep through the night on most occasions, and if she does, my dogs don't! AND if I am lucky enough for everyone to sleep well, I DON'T!!! Ah, the joys of motherhood!

So needless to say I was exhausted and decided Chad could handle it for the day! I slept in, I took a morning nap, and then an afternoon nap! It felt good, but sadly short lived. I am pretty exhausted again today, but that is mostly my fault because I just can't seem to "shut off" at night.


Here is a glimpse of how the day went:

Chad made himself breakfast! (Not just Cheerios people, a real eggs and sausage breakfast!) Sadly, I don't have a picture that captures the mess he made out of the kitchen, I didn't think of it until it was too late, but let's just say he didn't leave to many pans or dishes in the cupboards!

Then he dressed my beautiful daughter like this:
Does she look like a boy to you?! I mean seriously!

We bought this onesie before we knew whether she was a boy or girl. We are into Moosejaw stuff, thanks to our friend Chris, not that we are mountaineers or anything, we just like the stuff!
I am sure you may be thinking why not wait...but Moosejaw always seemed to be out of these onesies when we wanted to get them for our fellow Moosejaw friend and his son. So when they came back online we jumped on it...somehow I didn't think it would matter too much, and you can always get away with dressing little girls like boys, but it just isn't well received the other way! ;) (But it does matter, I don't want to go out into public and people say "oh what a cute son you have!") Thus, when she gets a bit older and won't grow out of it too quickly she will be getting girly ones!
But oh well, at least she was taken care of and I got some sleep!

She still is pretty cute even if she was dressed like a boy!


All in all I feel pretty blessed to have Chad as my husband and Lo's daddy! We may not have all the money in the world, but at least he is around a lot! He is a school teacher, so that means he is home earlier during the year and off in the summers and holidays! And he is always willing to give me a break and step in when I can't handle it anymore (ie during the colic phase).
I love you and thanks for giving me some time off and being so great with her!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about people saying what a beautiful baby boy you have. People still ask us even when she is in all pink!! Come on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be glad you didn't name her Charlie.

    When she was a baby, it didn't matter if she was wearing a pink dress with bows in her hair. As soon as people found out her name, she was instantaneously my "son."

    I still get calls from doctors, etc "in regards to your son, Charlie" but I'm used to that and completely understand. After all, I was the one who named her Charlie.

    Luckily, after about the age of one, no one has mistaken her for a boy. They may say, "wait, I thought you said her name was Charlie?" but while her name may be in question, her gender isn't.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...