Pages

15 September 2010

19 months

Wow! 19 months. Does it ever stop or slow down?! The other day daddy and I were watching you walk with us in the neighborhood and we both just looked at each other and realized there is no baby left. You are all BIG GIRL! When did this happen? Just last year at this very time you were just learning to put yourself into a sitting position from laying down and now you are toddling all over the neighborhood! We love you, keep makin' us proud!


Here are just a bunch of random things and thoughts I have tried to keep up with this month as mommy's brain is barely functioning, but I refuse to give this up until you blow out those 2 Big candles (God willing it won't be in my L&D room!)

Without further ado...

Milestones:
We did a sensory tub, thanks to Auntie Misa's great idea. It was a bit of a mess, ok a lot of a mess, but you sure had a blast and I actually could get things done.


You fold your hands when we say "it is time to pray." That is just so beyond precious to me because while you don't fully "get" what we are doing you are learning all about it and I love it. You also say "men" when the prayer is over.

You climb on every.single.piece of furniture we own. According to gammie you get that from me...awesome.

You are a little mimicker now, especially of mommy. Guess I better watch out.

You are nearly potty trained!!! Yea Leighton!!! You are such a big girl!!! This is such a BIG BIG milestone!!!!


Language Skills:
Slowly but surely taking off. I can't keep track of everything you are saying, but you are starting to pick up on words more readily. My favorite is "waaaallk, snaaaaaaaaaaack and luuunnnnch"." We are learning Brody (Bro), and Landrey (Dre).

Your current favorite word is "nooooo" (you like to draw out your vowels). It is still cute to hear you say it. However, one day daddy was tired of hearing "noooo," especially when he knew you really meant "yes." So he showed you how to say yes by moving your head (in a gentle motion) up and down to signal "yes." It was so funny because now you put your hands behind your head to move it up and down to say "yes."

You also request "movie" every.single.time. we get into the car. :/ Sometimes I am a sucker and let you, I mean how can I resist your cute little face and the sweet way you ask. However, I really try and reserve "movie" time for long trips (ie 40+ minutes).

You are really helpful and love to help mommy dust!

You are also really funny when the phone rings you will say loudly "ellooo!'

Eating:
You heart watermelon. You consumed nearly a quarter of a large watermelon on you own in one day!
You eat really well. You especially love yogurt!
You have started this new thing where you need to eat on my lap in order to finish your meal...this is such a bad habit we need to break.

Favorite food: Toasted cheese and tomato soup!

Sleeping:
You are really flexible, but if we let you be too flexible you get so over tired. You sleep from 730p-645/7a. With one nap that ranges from 1-2.5 hours. This makes it so convenient for mommy to take a much needed nap. HA!

Favorite Toy/Book(s):
You love to paint, color and chalk.


You love the Bernstein Bears the books and "movies." These have such great Christian moral messages, which I love and it doesn't make me crazy like watching Elmo's World does! Every Tues we go to the library and rent a new one. You especially love to dance around to that catchy jingle! Thanks Erin for hooking us!

You do love that popcorn sensory tub!

You love to play 'ring around the rosie' until mommy drops.

Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
You like to get out your (3) microphones and sing along with anyone you see singing. You are very musically inclined. You seem to really like the arts. I am curious to see which path you take in life. Arts or sports or both!


You love love love to ride in the race car shopping cart at Dillons. You race to it every time we walk in the store.


I will find you lying on your tummy to do all sorts of activities, such as reading, coloring, playing, watching tv etc.

You love bath time, well water really. So much so we sometimes just fill up the tub in the middle of the day and let you have at it. You also love to go play in the sprinklers, no matter what the temperature.


Tonight after dinner you were so excited about bath time you drug me all the way downstairs. At first I didn't get it, until you pulled me into the bathroom and started climbing into your tub!

Temperament:
You are still my sweet girl. I don't think that will ever change. You are so sweet and compassionate. Sure, you are currently exploring your boundaries and limits, and like to test mommy and daddy,but overall you have a good heart and warm spirit.

My Beautiful little clown.

Thanks for joining me for another Watch Me Grow. If you only knew how much I wanted to write and didn't. There are 100's of cute things she does that I don't ever want to forget...

Happy 19 Months "baby" Girl! We love you more than words can express.

2 comments:

  1. POST MORE PIX!!! I don't care if it is 10 pages I love reading everything!!!
    She is so adorable!! I think she is so smart! When I start reading these I think, O I have to tell her I LOVE that pic then I get to the next one and I LOVE that one too!! She is so cute in all of them.

    I know what you mean about the baby is gone. We have called Landrey baby girl since she has been born and now I need to say big girl! But b/c she is my baby I don't think we will stop saying baby girl any time soon:)

    I cannot wait to love on her! Just precious she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do grow WAY to fast! Continue to cherish every moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...