Pages

23 September 2010

The Lost Baby Files: First Doctor Visit

Original Date: June 23, 2010


Today I had my first doctor visit. It was with my PCP. He is the one that rx the clomid, so I definitely wanted him to be the one to confirm my pregnancy, even though 4 HPTs don't lie. :)
(on a side note: yesterday evening I took my last HPT from the dollar tree, because, why not? and the test line turn bright pink before it even reached the control line. So I guess they do work. Perhaps, I didn't do it right the first TWO times or was a bit on the early side, which I find hard to believe considering the more expensive test, requiring higher hcg levels turned positive within mili-seconds. So take from that what you will.)

Anyway, after waiting for an eternity at the dr. office for this appointment, which I knew wouldn't be anything fun or spectacular, I finally saw the doc. They were all excited that the clomid worked first round! They haven't given anyone clomid in a long time he said. This made me feel good, just that they take such an interest in you. That is just so important in a doctor. We talked about possible due dates based on my fertility charts. My EDD is Feb 13th based on my LMP of May 9th, BUT according to the fertility chart I ovulated late, so based on that my EDD is Feb 18th.

Thankfully, because we don't know how far along I am AND because I was on fertility treatments I will be getting that coveted early sono in TWO weeks!!! He said he wanted to do it now, but because he isn't sure whether I am 5 or 6 weeks it is "safer" to wait, and know what we are seeing, rather than freaking out because it is too early and we can't see what we want to see. Heavy sigh, but I can do it. I am really busy these next two weeks so it should fly by, I hope. Mostly, I am just dying to know whether it is twins or not. Still praying for a singleton. Also, we will not be telling the fam until we for sure see a heartbeat and know what is going on...so guess we are back to the two week wait. :)

Slowly, but surely it is becoming more real to me. I still don't feel pregnant so I "forget" a lot that I am. I am sure once I see that beating heart or hearts it will all become real!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...