Pages

23 September 2010

The Lost Baby Files: Telling the Fam.

Original Date: July 26th, 2010 (11 weeks)

On Friday I received Lo's BIG SISTER shirt! It is adorable! I heart Etsy that is for sure. Anyway, we decided to put her in the shirt to go pick up "the boys" aka our dogs from my parents house, since they dogsat them while we were at the lake with friends.

I was so nervous and almost backed out several times. Mostly because I didn't know if I was ready to spread the word or not, but then I am tired of it being a secret too...I hate hormones! :) I don't know it is just weird telling people I think. It just seems like an unnatural topic of conversation. It never really comes up, so it is like BAM you just spring it on people.

Anyway, we get to my parents house and they didn't notice at first. Actually, I think my dad read it, but didn't get it or didn't want to say anything. Then my little sis read it and said "MOM!, read her shirt!" Then they all proceeded to tell me "they KNEW it." Oh, they think they are so clever and wity.

Today, I emailed my sister a picture/digital scrapbook page of Lo in her BIG SISTER shirt (b/c she lives so far away). I am torn on this decision because I wanted to call and tell her, but like I said before that seems "stupid" like "oh, by the way I am pregnant...so how is life?" Anyway, I hope that was the right choice. I am going to call her tonight after she checks her email. Ugggh! I hate these decisions.


Rachel read the shirt immediately when she came in and was shocked and excited. She just couldn't believe it!

Bill read the shirt right away, but then didn't "get it." Chad had to ask him to read it again and think about what it might mean. Then he got it and was happy for us. He said "I was thinking it was about time just the other day." HA! He cracks me up!

With the second baby it isn't nearly as exciting when everyone is expecting it anytime because your first is 1.5 years, but it was still fun telling everyone.

Up next, telling close friends and then the "world." But I think I will wait until after our next baby appointment just to be sure everything is still going strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...