Pages

24 September 2010

20 Weeks {aka Watch Mommy Grow}

It seems like everyone on pregnancy #2 does comparison shots between their pregnancies on these things, so I don't want to be left out and not part of the "cool gang." :) So here are mine:

Baby Q 19 weeks

Lo 19 weeks
How far along: 19w 5d
(I am doing this a bit early b/c I went to the doc early AND b/c I took a bump pic w/ Lo at week 19 and not 20, makes it easier for me to "compare." :) )

Total Wt Gain/Loss:
+3 (total)

Maternity Clothes: Still not technically needed, but I like to wear them just to get the "goody" out of them.

Best Moment thus far: Baby Q is getting stronger and I can feel "her" more often. I am starting to get an idea of "her" schedule. And of course hearing the heart beat that never gets old.

Gender: currently unknown. I am still on the girl bandwagon. Any guesses out there? VOTE on my poll.

Movement: Like a rock star. I mean seriously. I am nearly sea sick by the end of the day with all the flips and twists s/he is making. I never felt Lo like this until around 21-23 weeks. I know they say the 2nd time around you notice sooner, but seriously, if Lo moved like this I would have noticed...right?!

Milestones: Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!
~(courtesy of thebump.com)
Let's just hope Baby Q isn't a meconium baby like Lo was. I would like to hold you after you are born, rather than watching a team of neonates rush in to "catch" you!!! So don't be over zealous here! ;)

Food Cravings: I don't know if craving is the right word, but I sure can oink down my fair share of egg sandwiches! (made at home, not from nasty Micky D's). I am constantly craving Italian food and tomatoes! And I have to admit I really want candy all the time too. I just don't give into that one!

What I miss: My brain. It is official gone. Mommy brain + pregnancy brain is not a good combo! :)

Sleep: Sometimes yes, mostly no. I am hot, I can't get comfy, and I still have to tinkle all night.

What I am looking forward to: Getting the gender sono! Probably should get that scheduled, eh?! I want to know, but then it is sort of fun not knowing...but I won't make it all the way to 38-40 weeks not knowing.

Belly Button: In betweeny. This is weird to me with Lo my belly button didn't pop out until I was nearly done. But I am already noticing it starting to stick out. :/ weird.

What I learned at my pre-natal visit: The heart beat is 144bpm. And that you shouldn't chalk up aches and pains to just "normal" pregnancy stuff. I won't go into it here, but I went in a week early because I was experiencing some pain that I just didn't feel good about. I am glad I went and hopefully we can stay on top of it.

Symptoms: Weird dreams. HOT!!! Thank goodness for having winter babies, I can't imagine being this hot and it being during the heat of summer!! Round ligament pains. Another thing I never experienced with Lo. They feel more painful than labor pains or pretty close to it! Also braxton hick contractions nearly every.single.day. That didn't start until week 23 with Lo, so this bugs me. :/

Interesting things that happened/anecdotes: I am still loving Lo knowing she is going to be a big sister. She knows where the baby is and loves to give "her" 'moochies. So far nothing interesting is happening because most people don't even know I am pregnant, so I am not getting their "wisdom" imparted on me like some. :)


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I've enjoyed reading "The Lost Baby Files" and I think it's an excellent idea (one I may have to remember for the future).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just look great and I so enjoy reading about your pregnancy and I can't wait to know what you are having. Blessings to you for a wonderful Fall week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...