Pages

23 September 2010

The Lost Baby Files: First Sono!





Original Date: July 8th, 2010 (8ish weeks)

Yesterday I had my first sono. My doctor ordered it so we could 1. figured out how far along I am and 2. get a head count.

Really, this past week and a half I stopped stressing over the twin thing. Not sure why, just finally put it out of my mind. Oddly enough, I wasn't all that stoked about the sono, just felt routine. Anyway, we had the worse sono tech ever. She just wasn't talkative and didn't explain anything. When we first got in there she said my bladder wasn't full enough and that we would have to wait 10 minutes. She acted annoyed at me when I told her I only drank 24oz of H20. I then proceeded to tell her how last time I nearly busted a kidney drinking all that water (ie 32oz) last time! How I had to stop and pee 4x before I even arrived at the sono place and then they made me empty 2 cups because I was "too full." Seriously, can't win for losing. Oh well, on to this sono.

Anyway, once I was finally "full" enough we began the sono. I just kept waiting and waiting for her to get to the "good" part. After her initial scan I was freaking out a bit b/c I could see two openings (ie twins), but she didn't say anything and they looked empty, and I don't know what I am looking at or for. Finally, she said it is just ONE baby!!!! I just high fived my hubby and said "thank God!" At this point I could finally relax.


The baby was blobish and blurry as expected. I compared pics when we got home of Lo and this baby. They were taken apparently at the same gestation, but I remember Lo moving more and her picture is a bit "clearer" and less blobish.

Baby Q's 8ish week sono.

Leighton's 8ish week sono.

We also got to hear their heartbeat (167bpm) which is always the best part. Sadly, I don't think I ever really wrote Lo's down. :( But she was always super duper high like 170's or more.

Then she started taking a bunch of measurements to determine gestation. The numbers on the screen ranged from 7w3d to 8w 4d. I mean seriously, we already guessed that much. I was hoping for a little bit closer prediction then averaging the two dates we already had (Feb 13th and Feb 18th) my current EDD is Feb 16th. So basically we still don't know exactly how far along I am, but who cares the baby is doing fine so far!

Oh, and did I mention Lo was there the whole time. She was so good, didn't seem too interested. I kept asking her if it looked "familiar" and if she cleaned up after herself before she left. HA! She was sweet and held my hand the whole time. I just love that girl.

Well, that pretty much wraps up my first sono. We still aren't telling people yet. Which sometimes proves to be difficult mostly because I don't like lying, but we want to wait longer this time...for fun. Although, I am starting to worry I won't make it another month...seems like I am showing WAY sooner this time. With Lo I was darn near 18/20 weeks before the bump emerged...heavy sigh. Guess we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...