Pages

23 September 2010

The Lost Baby Files: Finding Out

Original Date: June 11th, 2010 (4 weeks)

God is Good

It is funny the other day I was thinking about the verse Eph. 3:20-21 about how God will do far more than you ever DARE to dream or HOPE for and once again HE has answered.
I can't believe I am about to write this, but we are pregnant! Pregnant! I was for sure Lo would never get to be a big sister, while I had hoped, I just wasn't sure it was going to happen. Mostly, I didn't want to get my hopes up too high.

The crazy thing is the only reason I took a HPT was because I just started clomid this cycle. I had to take one to make sure I was NOT pregnant, so I could go back to the doc and get more. I had no symptoms that stood out to me to make me think it worked this month. However, when I took (a cheapy dollar tree test) the line was so very very faint, I felt like I was seeing things or making it up. I decided I better wait 3 more days and re-test and if I am pregnant the line would be clearer for sure. This morning I took the test and the line was still barely visible, I know a line is a line, but it doesn't instill a ton of confidence especially when you are dealing with a cheap $1 test. (BTW people assured me these were quite accurate and since I was planning on doing this for awhile I didn't want to have to take out a small loan to pay for EPTs, when these should have sufficed).

So even though I had already tested I just couldn't get it out of my mind. I wanted a CLEAR answer. Luckily, I had one name brand test left over from previous months, when I took it it turned positive within seconds! I was in fact pregnant.

I am in shock that we got pregnant on the first cycle of clomid. I just can't bring myself to believe it yet. Not until I see/hear a heartbeat and a little baby. Especially because I just don't feel pregnant. With Lo I KNEW I was pregnant before I took the test, or was going to be very shocked if it was negative.


The bottom two are the cheapies...the 2nd line is there but you have squint just right.


Anyway, I had all these great ideas to tell the hubs I was pregnant. But I just had to spill the beans right away. Why can't I hold out. I can keep no secret from this man. He is my best friend.

*I was going to take a pic of the tests and have him upload the pics and see it.
* I was going to buy the book "God gave us Two" and have Lo pick it out for him to read to her.
*I was going to put Lo in a Big Sis shirt and have her give him the test

So many ideas and I Failed! Oh well, when I brought out the tests to him he was liked "what do these say? Are you pregnant?" Poor guy he was just as shocked as me! But we both are pretty excited too!

Praying for a full term healthy baby! We both feel pretty confident it is another girl...only time will tell. Just as long as it is ONE baby and not TWO! :)


PS baby #2 is due on Lo's SECOND birthday! She is 15 months now, and it took us 15 months to get pregnant with her...(not that we were trying since she was born, are you crazy!!!) just noting all the coincidences. So I guess this our "time" to get pregnant. Sort of glad maternity clothes wise it is the same! HA! You know lots of people want their babies two years apart, and we hit it right on the money! God has an amazing sense of humor...just praying he keeps it in check and doesn't give us twins. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...