Pages

23 October 2011

Home Sweet Home

We are home and it feels so good and weird. I am really having a hard time just processing all my thoughts and emotions about all that has occurred. I know to some it was no big deal, but whenever it is your baby at stake, I think it is always a big deal. I spent a lot of time wondering the halls with Micah and would read all these poems kids in the past wrote about why they were there. They were so sad. I just would pray for all the families that had kids in hospitals with serious diseases and ailments. I KNEW we would be going home and all would be well, but for so many that is not the case.

It is also weird being home because while we were only there for 2.5 days it felt like an eternity. Friday felt like a week all in itself. We were expected to stay through Monday, but Micah was a rock star and earned the right to come home today {Sunday}. He did really well only requiring one more dose of morphine to get through Saturday night and by Sunday morning he was doing well on just tylenol. Saturday night went better than I thought. I can't stress how awesome our night nurse was. She was so flexible and left us alone most of the night!
Micah was doing so well by Sunday morning we tried some solids, but those came back up :(. However, the Dr. M said that he was probably still swollen in the tummy and we should go easy on those, she then gave her discharge orders and we could hit the road. I packed up the room in record time. HA! And by 440p we were out the doors.

We have been through a lot with Micah and I am hoping that maybe we will be on the upswing finally. His pregnancy was less than stellar. Matter of fact nearly year-to-date we found out in our sono that Micah had those cysts and calcium deposits on his heart, causing me stress and pre-term labor.

Micah is loving being at home. He got so fussy at around 2p, nothing we did made him happy. You could tell he was tired and frustrated and maybe in pain? But as soon as we got home he was just so happy to be here. He crawled all over, giggled and played with sissy. Home really was the best medicine.

{Pics from the hospital}

Getting ready for surgery. My mom got him this onesie that said "This shirt was clean this morning" HA!

All gowned up and waiting for us to be called to surgery. We were slated for 10a. When we got to the room at 9a the RN said they were already calling for him. We were pretty excited we were going sooner, only because of the no eating and about to get fussy thing. However, they never did call us until 1130a! Let's just say there were 3 unhappy campers.

In the recovery room. I couldn't wait to get my hands on that sweet boy. He was so out of it, I just about lost it. But I stayed strong for Micah.

Bless his heart, he was so out of it for the rest of the afternoon and night. He barely even moved.
This was Micah by Saturday...just being his goofy self.
The procedure was laparoscopic. He had 5 tiny incisions.
We told him chicks dig scars...so we are working on a good story. HA!

Micah was doing so good Saturday that the nurse said we could take him out to get some fresh air. He really liked the buggy ride.
GOING HOME!
Micah loved the wheel chair ride. He was so happy. It was as if he knew we were going home.

I can't even imagine a life without massive amounts of spit-up and weekly weight checks. If we don't see the inside of a hospital or doctor's office for another year it will be too soon.

Thank you all again for your prayers and support. It was felt.

1 comment:

  1. PTL!!! I'm so thankful that you all came through like the troopers you are!! Thanks for the posts and pictures, Chele! I know you will all enjoy being back to a regular day today! Love to all! Rachel/EGLOMW<><

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...