Pages

20 October 2011

Surgery for MW {the BIG day}

Tomorrow is the big day. If you aren't up to speed on why my baby bear is having surgery you can get caught up here.

I can barely get my breath just thinking about it, so I try not to think about it. Over the past month the idea has been fairly abstract to me. I ranged from not wanting to go through with it to "he IS getting this surgery, I am so sick of all the vomitting!" But now that this week is here I find myself feeling crushed by the idea of my baby having surgery. It isn't so much the surgery itself, I understand it, this is the surgeon's day job and she does it everyday, it is just all the unknown. That is what always frightens me about life. Not knowing what tomorrow will bring. It can just be gripping. I keep reciting these verses in my head and just praying over and over for God to take this fear from me.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:33-34

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

I know God does not call us to have a spirit of fear, but one of faith and courage. God put that precious baby boy in my arms and I know He will be holding him the hold time. As hard as it is to imagine God loves Micah way more than I do. So I will rest in that today.


If we cross your mind tomorrow around 10a I would ask if you would pray for us. I will do my best to update here about how he is doing.

2 comments:

  1. I hope for the best tomorrow and this is the answer to his tummy troubles. poor guy :(

    but, YAY, he is 9 months!! I laugh at the changing his diaper and clothes part because Ellie is the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all. Rest in God's sovereignty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...