Pages

17 March 2012

Flying Solo {Zoo Trip}

On Thursday I took the kids to the zoo, by myself. I don't know why I found this to be so scary, but I did. Originally, we had plans with another friend to meet up there, but her baby girl was sick and needed her rest. Only problem was I had already told Lo about going. I really should just keep my mouth shut until we get somewhere, because it seems like all of our scheduled play dates no matter who they are always get cancelled last minute, and that is just normal, since you never know what mood your kid is going to be in...anyway, I couldn't bear to see her cry, so I said we would just go by ourselves.

We loaded up after MW's morning "nap" and headed out. It was a lovely day, perfect temp for the animals to be out and active, except all they seemed to want to do was sleep!

Micah was my biggest concern, I figured he would want to be held the whole time, but he did great! He loves to be pushed in his stroller, so he was a happy camper taking it all in! I realized after we got there that last year at this time we took MW on his first zoo trip! Amazing how much he has grown and now he can run around and enjoy the zoo.
March 2011



Side note: Doesn't he look like Benjamin Button {old man trapped in a kid's body}

Lo did amazing too. I don't have a double wide stroller, so she had to walk the whole time and she never complained once. Which is why we don't have a double wide, she wouldn't have rode in it anyway!

Isn't she just adorable!

First stop the barn animals:
Ride 'em cow kids!

Then we went to check out the sheep. Micah went right up to pet one, such a tough boy. Then that stinky sheep escaped and tried to eat our lunch!




Up next the penguins:

The Jungle {my favorite, right after the giraffes of course!}
This pic cracks me up because whenever I ask Lo to take a picture with her brother this is what she does--stands as far from him as she can get. Then I said please act like you like each other, so the she bombards him with closeness!

Most of the afternoon was spent wondering around because I can't read a map like my daughter can. Everything she needs to know about life she learns from Curious George!

At some point we decided it was lunch time and had ourselves a nice quiet lunch.


The gorillas:


Micah always thinks it is snack time!


Then we saw them, the most glorious animal God created, the giraffes. Even Micah recognized them {from all the ones he has in his room} proud mommy moment!


More napping animals...


 All Leighton wanted to see was the Tigers. Mommy could not find the tigers, I swear I looked at that map a 100x, finally asked a zoo keeper and viola--TIGERS!
They  were boring and taking naps too...
 

This is Lo being a lion, by brushing all her hair in front of her face, while roaring! What hoot.

We really wanted to see the chimps because we were told there was a baby, but once again I struggled to find them too! Thankfully, they were the last stop on our way to the exit, because nap time was quickly approaching.
Mommy and Lo being silly.



The baby chimp. I got some cute video of him, but too lazy to load it. He was really showing off for the crowds.
It was a great day at the zoo indeed. And I survived. Not sure what I was so scared of now...

1 comment:

  1. You made me laugh!! Lo reads a map better than you:) She looked so BIG!! I loved MW pointing at the Giraffe's--how darling tat he knows his room decor:) Meg's says he looks like Ben button too! I don't see it! I think he is a stud! I really do! He looks so big and proud toddling around!
    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...