Pages

05 March 2012

Hmmm What Me Do

That is what Leighton says to everything. She taps her little chin and thoughtfully ponders. It cracks me up and I find myself saying it all the time now. HA!

So wanna know what I did this weekend?! Yep, nothing. Funny, I don't remember an intervention. Oh yeah, that's right I nearly passed out and collapsed multiple times from who the heck knows what. Probably my brain tumor no one knows I have yet. ;) I'm telling ya, something is seriously wrong with this picture. And please don't freak out on me I am going to the doctor today. Someone pat me on the back, because if you know me at all I have to be knocking on death's door to go. On the upside, Chad let me take a 2 hour nap because of it. :)

Anyway, one project I did get done was post dating my blog through Leighton's pregnancy. Technically, this blog didn't start until she was about 2 months old and I wanted to join the cool mom's club. HA! But I realized that I wanted to get my PDF files from Blog2Print soon and I love having this as my one stop shop for all my memories. I want my kids to maybe, when they are bored or in time out or something to sit and read about who their mother was or is. I want them to know about their pregnancy and early years before their memory kicks in and I end up screwing them up. ;) I had a private online journal site for Leighton's pregnancy that I kept, so really it was a matter of copy and pasting in the posts. I did edit them for clarity to a degree and added a few posts that were missing, along with pictures. I sadly was going through and internship at the time and I just sucked it up being thoughtful with her journal. See sometimes it pays to be the second born. :) Oh well, it is what it is and I am just glad I had something for her and I to look back on. Funny how much I forgot and then remembered. It was fun re-living her pregnancy this weekend. There is nothing like that first pregnancy and baby. All the unknowns, the hopes, the dreams, the fears. It is all so exciting.

So if you are bored and want to kill some time scroll back through 2008 and early 2009 to catch-up. Maybe the grandmas will get a kick out of it. Who knows...

We did go to Menards this weekend for something, I don't remember, but what I do remember is Leighton finding carrot seeds and wanting to plant them. She and that Curious George. He teaches her everything she needs to know about life. HA! We bought them, but I told we still a few weeks before we can plant them. So she asks me everyday about them. It may be a long next 3-6 weeks...

I am bummed I didn't accomplish much else and next weekend we are taking Lo to Sesame Street Live! AND it is daylight savings time (I never know if it is ending or starting) who the heck cares because all that matters is the powers at be are screwing with my sleep and my routines. Grrrr... So pretty sure next weekend will be a big fat bust.

But today is beautiful and I am enjoying that today.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Well, Michelle, I do hope you get a good report. My goodness, I know that was unsettling.

    Good for you for keeping such great memories for your children. They will cherish them one day I promise. And, I do love Blog 2 Print. I have my 3 years of blogging done through them.

    Will be anxious to hear your Drs. report. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you get any answers today at the doctor? hopefully it's nothing, but jeez, there can be freak things that happen to people!

    you know, tv teaches a lot! there are so many things whitney knows from tv that I never taught her, like how to count to 13!! go Team Umi Zoomi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leighton needs an intervention from Papa! I'm just as good as a Monkey...wait, he's a cartoon right????

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...