Pages

12 March 2012

Miscellany Monday

Things currently on my mind. Well that could be a can of worms, but I will try to keep it brief. ;)

1. We took Lo to Sesame Street Live this weekend. Post to come, but she LOVED it. Always enjoy getting to have dates with just her.


2. Sold a bunch of stuff at the kids' consignment sale, don't have my final numbers yet, but hey every dollar is great in my book. I also of course bought stuff there so as long as I break even I am even happier. What I am most happy about is this toy storage chest!
Lo is "organizing" it. HA!

Snag that {literally} for $25. This is a praise Jesus in the little things moment. Cosigners got to get into the sale a day before the general public. When I dropped all my stuff off I saw there were two of these beauties. Let me back up. I have wanted one of these things forever. There was one 3 years ago there that I snubbed my nose at because I didn't think I needed it then and thought I would just get one the next year. Stupid. It's been 3 years and I was still waiting. Anyway, the pre-sale was going on 3 hours before my ticket would let me in and I just say a quick "Jesus, I would really like to get that, you know if you could pull some strings" type prayer. Well, when I walked in from the BACK of the line at 8p there it was, another lady was on the other one and debating on the phone about which one and while I didn't care which I got, I wasn't letting go! HA! When a sales lady came over I quickly say I WANT THIS!! She tagged it for me and off I went so.very.happy. It's the little things people. I heard another lady ask about the other ones and the sales lady said they all just sold. Just like that in milliseconds of me entering. So yeah, I will give all the credit to God. I like when He works in the small things.

3. My mom and I {well, my mom made, I just talked and "supervised. ;} made curtains for my basement. A huge improvement in my book from the other ones. Still feel like they need a little something more, but can't put my finger on it...
Thanks mom!! What do you think?!

4. We also enjoyed the beautiful weather on Saturday afternoon. Lo and her BFF played outside for 3 straight hours. A lot of time was dedicated to "helping" daddy dig about 5 different holes in our yard looking for our property pins, so we can get a fence!! We found one out of four. :(  So the fence saga continues. But it was a lovely day.

5. And of course to top off everyone's weekend there was the dreaded Daylight Savings Time. BOO! I mean not only do I loathe losing even a millisecond of sleep, but then you throw kids in the mix and it's a double whammy. I much like all of you will now be spending the rest of the week re-tweaking my kids' schedules to hit our groove again. Oh and Lo made sure we had a daylight savings party at 2a 3a. :( Not sure what her deal was, but something scared her and she once again ended up in our bed. Good times. :)

Happy Monday!
Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters


2 comments:

  1. looks like Chad is searching for "Pirate" treasure and the girls are digging for it!!

    Not sure, but is Chad "squinting" ,or does he have an eye-patch on?? Har...pieces of eight, shiver me timbers where are those blasted boundary markers!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those storage bins are awesome. My kids have three and once we get the basement turned into a playroom, I'm sure we'll be picking up a few more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...