Pages

06 March 2012

Tuesday {A Day in the Life}

I have wanted to do this forever, pretty much since Leighton was about, oh 4 months old! {She is now 3 YEARS old}. Oh well. I want to document our daily routine and schedule so in a few many years' time, when my kids ask me "how did you do it mom with two kids? You were so phenomenal, I just can't handle it!!" ;)

HEY! Stop laughing. I can dream this is my blog after all.
{side note: a brief update from yesterday's rant is in the post script of today's blog, if you are interested and don't want to read today's fun post. ;) }

Anyway I won't have a memory left by then, so I will just refer to this. So without further ado our daily routine with a 1 year old and 3 year old.

630a--Rise and shine Leighton plows into our room with 4 baby dolls, a stuff bear, 2-3 books and her trusty flashlight. Micah is crying in the back ground. Try to get a few moments more of sleep, but Lo is bouncing around.

7a--finally pull myself out of bed and get MW. At this point Lo is usually already in there, and by in there, I mean his actual crib.

710a--breakfast. LOTS of coffee for mommy. Try to watch the news and weather, but usually George wins out.

715a--breakfast is over because no one wants to eat. Take MW to get ready for the day, while Lo continues filling her brain with tv.

745a--daddy leaves for work, hugs, moochies, and high fives for all.

8a--finally get Leighton from the tv long enough to get dressed, brush teeth and hair. All the while she asks "where we going mommy?!" As if "going somewhere" is the only reason we would do said activities.


820a--play, do dishes, make beds, mommy gets ready, read books etc etc. Usually to the gentle serenade of Micah screaming and crying. {soundtrack of my life}
822a--MW getting his cranky pants on...lay him down for a nap.

825a--go downstairs to play more quietly. Mommy works out, does devotional, checks email, facebook, etc.
1015a--MW is up! Play more until lunch.

1110a-lunch time. Micah is eagerly awaiting his PB&J oh so patiently. Leighton is up on the counter desperately trying to "help."

1130a--lunch is over, clean up, empty dishwasher, play etc etc.

1245a-MW nap time.
100p--Lo's attempt at nap time. Sometimes she takes one, sometimes she just plays in her room for 2 hours.

100-245p--mommy's only break of the day. Blog, edit photos, scrapbook, email you name it I am trying to do it!


245-315--MW up with Lo usually right behind him 20 minutes later if she did in fact nap. Snack time.

330p--now that we have nicer weather we usually go outside and play until daddy gets home. If the weather is stinky we stay inside, watch an episode of George and then just play some more.

These two LOVE popcorn. I was a bit worried at first with MW eating, but he does great and just try taking a food away from him that he loves...you.will.regret.it

 
430p--daddy is home. hip hip hooray!!

501p--we eat with the blue hairs (assisted livings have nothing on us!) Dinner time.

530p--dinner clean up, baths (every other night), play, get rooms ready for impending bedtimes.

600p--after dinner treat (usually stir it up aka chocolate milk and a graham cracker), and an episode of Curious George.

630p--MW down for the night. Gets a bottle, rocked and off to sleep until morning.
Leighton plays with daddy, mommy picks up the wreck of a house. Then makes Lo and daddy pick up all the toys. And she is allowed to pick one toy at a time now to play with until bed.

730/745p--Lo starts her bedtime routine: potty, teeth brush, jammies on, night time diaper on {still NOT nighttime potty trained...so annoying since she has been potty trained since she was 18 months, but whatever...} story, 15 different songs. HA! prayer and lights out.

800p--BLISS!!!!!!!!!! Another day done. Mommy and Daddy time.

930-1000p--mommy in bed.

And that folks is a day in the life of the Keethlers. I hope I can remember to do this again in a more timely fashion as it evolves. Especially, because I am already trying to evolve it now. HA! Fun to look back and remember those days.

 PS for those of you all worried about me from yesterday's rant. I am still here. I had blood work done today, so I will "hopefully" know more tomorrow or the next day when it comes back in. I have an amazing doctor, so I am in good hands. Basically, we suspect I am hypoglycemic. I am also having my thyroid looked at too along with trying to manage my sleep/stress/anxiety issues. They all could be working against me right now. I will do a better more thorough post once I know more. But thanks to those of you who are worried about me. I do appreciate it, that wasn't my intention. I sometimes forget anyone reads this thing, but me. HA!

2 comments:

  1. I started to say yesterday that you might have Hypoglycemia. Glad you have confidence in your Dr.

    Enjoyed reading your day's schedule, sounds like a very full day my dear.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh about getting ready, Whitney does the same thing. Asks where we are going when we get ready, like we should stay in our jammies all day other wise!

    And your day sounds like absolute HEAVEN!!! I should do this too, you would freakin' DIE if you knew my day! how different schedules can be for the same ages :)

    seriously, how do you get Michah to sleep twice a day and sleep 12 hrs at night? at for Lo to play in her room for 2 hrs by herself? jeal-ous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...