Pages

16 March 2012

Micah 14 Months {Watch Me Grow}

Another month has come and gone. You are another month "bigger" and brighter. You are such an active little boy and it is so much more fun this spring and summer to watch you get your play on with all the neighbor kids. Ah, the independence I love it.

Milestones: Nothing major this month. You are more active in play now and really working on your fine motor skills. Like sticking the bubble wand in the bubbles over and over and over again. Or trying to screw the lid on all your cups.
You have 5 teeth now. Although you look so funny b/c only one of your front teeth is in, the other is really struggling to emerge. So you look a little hick-ish.


You follow basic instruction which I think is so cool. I love when I say "go get your shoes" and you emerge with them. I don't remember Lo doing that...


Language Skills: What can I say you are my talker. Even the church nursery comments on how vocal you are. Just goes to show that sometimes those gender stereotypes are dead wrong. While you think sign language is for babies, you are quiet the pro at communication with all your little "uh uhs" and pointing. I pretty much always know what you want.
New words: dog, go-go, and uh-oh. My personal favorite, since throwing things across the room game is your most favorite game. Then you love to say "uh oh" with this cute little oops face, like you didn't intentionally do that. HA!

Such a little boy running around all shirtless, but never far from bankers. {aka blanket}

Sleeping: Is it sad you are now our "good" sleeper?! You take two naps still, although I am starting to get a vibe that you want to drop that morning one, which is cool, I guess. Nap at 845a-1015a, and 1245p-2/230 (a lot a times that last half hour you are just playing with your crib friends). Bedtime is still at 630p-to about 7a now (thanks to daylight savings time). That threw a real wrench in my perfectly quaffed schedule, but it only took us about 3 days to get back on track. Can I get an Hallelujah!

Here you are using the sippy as your paci...

We still rock and you still get a 6z Almond milk bottle before bed. {Momma isn't as tough on you about the bottle as apparently I was with sissy, of course she also decided she hated the bottle at the same time.} I know you would probably be just find with a sippy before bed, but I can't help it I am a sucker for you. Plus, you have now taken to using the bottle as a paci to drift off.

Eating: You still eat like a grown man. People are amazed at the amount you can put away in that tiny little body of yours. You still love PB&J, bananas, graham crackers and popcorn! The biggest change this month is you are now only on vanilla almond milk. You were spitting up again and the doc suggested taking him off milk. It seems to be working. You are your mother's son. Lactose intolerant just like momma.



Favorite Toy(s) and Book(s): You love the slide, and can even climb up the back now. You also love the busy ball popper, and bubbles. Bubbles are your absolute favorite outside "toy." There are not words to describe how happy this makes you! You are finally getting into books. You always bring me either the Baby 123 book, or Lady bug counting book and sit and "read" with me.


Anecdotes/Quirky things you do:
You have this funny little goose honk laugh.

You are a little climber. If you can see it you will climb it.

You love all sissy's shows. And "sing" the Hot Dog song from Mickey Mouse as well as yell out "go-go-go" when you see the Cat and the Hat show. Such a smart bear.

You love love LOVE sissy. She is always napping after you get up and you just can not wait to get in there and wake her up! If I don't pay close attention that is exactly what you do!  Here you are you woke her up, just loving on her. She makes you smile.

I also love when I ask you where something is and you hold up your hands to say "I don't know." 

You absolutely love baths. I am anxious to see what you think of the pool this summer?! One night after dinner we were sitting on the floor playing, then I mentioned we need to take a bath. You literally jumped up and took off running for the bathroom. As soon as you got in there you were begging to get in. It was so funny. Even when I am getting ready in the morning you pound on the tub "begging" to get in.


Temperament: This is always a fun one to answer. I love you, but you are a grumpus. You are easily annoyed and constantly expect to get your way. There is only one way in this house and it is mommy's. :) You are not very content to just be or play. You still love to be held all the time, while standing. However, on the flip side of that you are the most loving child I have. You come up to all those you love and just lay your sweet little head on them as if to say "I Love You!" You are my snuggler and cuddler, I hope that never changes. But I wouldn't trade your firey little personality for anything. You may be an intense toddler now, but one day I pray you will be an intense man for God. God uses people like you to do great, great things in this world.

Stats:
wt: guessing about 20#
ht: guessing 27 in
diapers: size 3 swaddlers
clothes: 6-9 months fit best, but wearing 12m
shoes: 4-5

1 comment:

  1. What a handsome hunk!!! Cute cute cute!! I am eating up all his pics--is he really that big!! What a smarty pants. I love that he is saying all those words--how cute!! HUGS for Micah bear!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...