Pages

27 March 2012

Spring Break

Spring break was sandwiched by two absolutely glorious, beautiful, perfect weekends. The rest of the week was the meat of a soggy, rotten sandwich, but we did make the most of it.

I spent Monday through Thursday driving in every type of rain God has to offer, from light mist to torrential, I don't think my windshield wipers go that fast, rain. It.was.awesome. 1. I hate to drive and 2. Driving in rain is worse. Oh well, duty called and I survived.

Daddy Day Care was in full swing. Too bad they couldn't do much, but according to Chad the kids were angels. Of course they were mommy wasn't home. :) Leighton is always good, Micah, well he is a whole other story, but never fails daddy never has as many meltdowns as mommy. Figures.

Here is our week in review pictorial style:

Friday before reading her magazine in her wagon.

These two, well they aren't words. I had no idea 3 year olds could have BFFs, but they are. Are we worried what they will be up to in 10 years. You bet 'cha.


Daddy showing up a 5 year old. HA! While their parents all worked on their lawns and garages, we sat around doing nothing...we are great neighbors. ;)


These two love digging in the dirt...it's my excuse for not planting anything pretty there.


Showing off her brand new sparkly flip flops. Seriously, I just could eat her up she is so cute.


Then the rains commenced for 4 long days. Leighton begged to go "lick the rain" as she likes to say, I couldn't say no to that face.


Micah even liked it out there, he is full of surprises.


One night in between rains all the neighbor kids were outside. I had already put Clyde in his jammies, but he INSISTED on going out and if there is one thing to know about Micah, is when he insists, it is just way easier to give in {provided it isn't a "hill to die on" issue.} So out we went. Doesn't he look studly?! That is his new favorite outside toy...don't get it...

Grandma Rachel got Lo {and Micah} these Bible DVDs, they read Bible stories to her and intersperse songs. Lo loves the Baby Jesus one and sings and dances along to all the songs. I love hearing her sing.

A "quiet" rainy day activity. This is why I hate sensory tubs, yet it brings them so much joy...

By the following Saturday we were blessed with more gorgeous weather. So gorgeous in fact that the kids felt the need to don bathing suits in MARCH and play with sprinklers, water guns and water table. I mean for real?!

Daddy making up for not doing yard work the weekend before. Poor daddy.


It was a great spring break. The weekends were the best. I find myself continually praising and thanking God that He was in control and helped us land where we live. We have the.best.neighbors. Kids that we want our kids to play with. Parents we actually enjoy conversing with.  Bring on those endless summer nights. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...