Pages

23 January 2011

1 week old {Micah Wyatt}

Micah you are ONE week old. This week has gone by way too fast. I am scared to death for Daddy to leave me tomorrow!

This is your giraffe buddy. I am going to take your pics by it each month to see you grow.
Right now you are the same size!

I am so in love with you. I was not sure I wanted a boy but the minute you popped out I was instantly in love and wouldn't have it any other way. I so glad to have a boy now!!

You are very sleepy. I know this is because you are a preemie, but you were always quiet in the womb, so hopefully you just stay chill. I deserve that after my hot mess of a daughter.

This is your "blue steel" look.

Your last wt check on Friday (Jan 21) was 4lb 10oz. You haven't gained but at least you stopped losing. You also are very jaundiced. Thankfully no bili blanket, and we are hoping you are on the way down. But man are you yellow.

On our way to the doctors...again.

We were nursing pretty good for a preemie, but then you lost wt and weren't gaining so now we have to bottle feed to save calories. This makes mommy very very sad. I still try to offer you the breast every so often, but you just aren't having it right now. I really hope you will come back to nursing in a few weeks when you put on the weight.


Any moms of preemies have any advice about that?!

Lo loves you so much. She constantly says "old {"hold"} old" You big sister loves to be a helper and for that I am thankful.



Other than that you are a newborn, eat, sleep, poop, repeat.

You like pacis which is too funny, Lo hated them. You two are so night and day different it is unreal. {Thus, the reason for the pink paci, it was Lo's...if you continue to take a paci we will get you boy ones. promise.}

I love you little buddy.

Happy ONE Week Micah!


6 comments:

  1. WOW! Time flies! One week old alreadY!? I too hope that he decides to go back to breast feeding. It would definitely make your life much much easier! Hope he continues to be a chill baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even believe how tiny he is??? Those first two he does not even look real! I know just how small that giraffe blanket was and his toes don't even touch the end!! O I miss you all and NEED to meet him!
    I am praying for you all day tomorrow--you can do it, I know you will find your super mom!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Keep trying to breastfeed. He is about the size Ori was when he came home, and I was told to breastfeed two or three times a day and then bottle the rest so he didn't lose so many calories. Are you adding calories to your breastmilk when you bottle feed? Once he got bigger he breastfed all of his feedings just fine (until I went back to work and went through several yucky life events and dried up). So I would encourage you to keep trying! I think he'll get it. We did lots of weight checks at the lactation clinic too (which would be a pain with 2 kids) when I did stop bottle feeding him. keep us updated!

    You will do great tomorrow! I was super scared too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my he is precious! One week already?? It is going by so quick...which I am sure you are feeling. or probably feeling slow since he is keeping you awake I am sure. Praying he gains the weight and returns to breastfeeding! You look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, just melts my heart! So hoping he will begin gaining weight and you will be able to resume nursing. I'm telling you these little boys can sure steal their Mommy's hearts! Blessings at this special time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter came at 36 weeks....she was 5 pounds 4 ounces and dropped down to 4 pounds 14 ounces at the hospital. She nursed fine until my milk came in and then it just overwhelmed her. I pumped exclusively for 3 weeks and just this past week she has really picked up nursing and does just perfect!! hang in there!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...