Pages

16 January 2011

Snow Day! {Jan 10 2011}







Monday we finally got our first snow! And it is much needed around these parts.

Lo was pretty excited and kept saying "snow-play" all morning. I kept telling her when daddy gets home, b/c Mayberry decided that is was more important for learning to occur than have a snow day. But I digress.

However, because my contractions were really starting to pick up during her nap, I decided just as soon as she woke up I would bundle her up and take her out for a bit. I was too afraid by the time daddy got home, he would be taking me to the hospital...of course, as we know there is STILL no baby and I am still in "limbo" labor. Again I digress.



So here is our snow much fun we had in pictures!

We had fun and it had just started snowing again once we got out there and it was so pretty! She actually really liked the snow. Only problem is she has mittens and couldn't do much and getting her hands in gloves was way too hard, but in hindsight would have been more fun for her.

She kept accidentally throwing snow on her face...that she didn't like.

I tried to teach her how to make a snow angel, but again less than effective.




Then I remembered we had a sled! Score. So I took her down the street, she loved it! And secretly I was hoping to get this labor moving!
The next day daddy got the day off due to sub par temperatures and so we went out again for only 5 minutes, because it was well below freezing! I don't know how those Northerners do it!

Here they are sledding:

What is it about snow that makes you feel like a kid again?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...