Pages

26 January 2011

It's A Baby Story {Part 3}

I had no birth plan. I learned that lesson during Lo's delivery. Nothing goes the way you want it to because L&D is so unplanned. All you can do is go with the flow. This time my "birth plan" held 1 thing and that was how I wanted Lo to meet Micah for the first time.

First family photo
{in my post-partum suite}

Chad and I told the families that we wanted Lo to meet her brother for the first time by herself with us only {and maybe my sister Meg at the video camera, since she is currently at KU's film school}. So whenever it was time for her to come up to the hospital anyone in the room (besides medical professionals) would be asked to leave. As "luck" would have it he came in the middle of the day, so she was actually the first to meet him!

Sadly, Meg was just 20 minutes out when Lo arrived at the hospital, and while it would have been special to capture the first meeting on video it was unfeasible to keep her occupied in the hospital waiting room that long, plus I was dying to see her!!

Checking out little brother for the first time.

When she came in she wasn't so sure what was going on. She was just so happy to see us! Then we showed her Micah and she just loved on him. There has yet to be a moment of jealousy. ::knock on wood::

We gave her a BIG SISTER gift to help ease any potential jealousy and make her feel uber special too. She got a juice bottle for her baby and immediately tried to feed Micah with it! She is just such a good mommy already. I have been amazed at how much love and affection she shows her brother.


She kept asking to "old" {hold} him, so of course I helped her. And then after a minute she bounced off and ran around trying doing her own goofy Lo Lo thing! Then she would stop and remember Micah and come hug him again, and then off she went again.
She wanted to read him her Cars book.

I think they are going to have a special bond and relationship. I am so glad how it all worked out and so relieved that she is attaching to him so well and not regressing in any way. {ie in potty training, or wanting to be a baby etc etc.}

First kisses.
Technically he is trying to nurse her face, but still sweet. :)

I have one more part to It's A Baby Story to finish off meeting the family and my fun filled hospital stay! ;)


1 comment:

  1. Oh, looks like Lo is a "natural little Momma." You certainly do not look like you have just given birth. My goodness, I would have hated for anyone to have seen me shortly after I had given birth. :o) Enjoyed sharing through pictures. Blessings to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...