Pages

13 January 2011

35.5 weeks {aka Watch Mommy Grow}

How far along: 35w 4d-I am doing these a bit more often now, since it is so close the end there is "more" to report. :)

35 weeks with Baby Q
isn't my girl a doll face?!

35 weeks w/ Lo.

Total Wt Gain/Loss: +20# :/ I really should just stop looking at the scale, I find it terribly depressing...I know it's "good" and all, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Maternity Clothes: Definitely wearing, especially pants! I love dresses and tunics, but mostly just live in sweats.

Best Moment thus far: Finding out he is head down! I was really started to worry he was breech and I want to avoid a c-section at all costs. I kept feeling jabs and kicks at my bladder and not at my ribs, which is what got me panicking that he wasn't head down!

Gender: BOY!

Movement: Still a "sleepy" baby and hardly moves at all.

Milestones: Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month. ~(courtesy of thebump.com)

Food Cravings: none really anymore.

What I miss: Being skinny. I see cute clothes that I want to wear, but can't. :(

Sleep: What is sleep? Because I am not getting it. I hurt, I am HOT, I can't find a comfortable position and then when I do I have to get up and tinkle. Plus, my mind is just racing with all the unknowns, like when will he get here, who will take care of Lo, do we have everything, I still need to do... so frustrating, I just wish I could shut down my mind.

What I am looking forward to: The end. 4ish weeks and counting!!! {God willing} I am no longer trying to enjoy this pregnancy I am so over it. Only because I am tired of this limbo labor I am in. Who the heck wants to be contracting for weeks on end and be mean to their family because of it. Just get out already, so I can resume life.

Belly Button: Totally popped out. So embarrassing.

What I learned at my pre-natal visit:
35 week appt-His heart beat is 139bpm. My OB checked me I am 3cm dilated and nearly 90% effaced. Baby is head down {HUGE answer to prayer, because let's face not too much else has gone "right" this time around}, he is completely engaged and ready to come out! And other things that you veteran mommies know happens when you are at this point and that dilated. FUN! :/
Also, my OB said at this point they will do nothing to stop my labor, but she will do nothing to help it if I go in to the hospital unless I am at a 6 or 7 then they will break my waters etc. So that is good news, I definitely don't want labor stopped at this point.

GD Appt: My blood sugars have been awesome, so she doesn't need to see me for two weeks! Yay me!

Symptoms: Have I mentioned contractions and back labor?
Yeah, they have been intense and causing me to actually consider going to the hospital. Monday, I nearly had my husband come home, in the snow storm to take me, but decided to wait a bit longer. Finally, I went to bed thinking I would try and sleep as much as I could, because I was sure we would have a late night run, 3 hours later it all stopped.
Now it is Wednesday and they are back at it. I am so sick of it. This has been going on for 10+ weeks and I am done. My patience and tolerance {for practically everything} is gone. And now that I know things are progressing it has become more frustrating. I hate being a slow starter. I just hang at the precipices teetering until BAM! I am full on in labor, barely getting my epi in time before pushing! I don't even get to "enjoy" L&D because I move so fast.

I know he will be here before I know it and this will all be a distant memory, but for now this is just how I feel.


3 comments:

  1. All that labor would be nerve racking!! I would have been to the hospital 10 times by now! At least you are close enough that it is okay to have the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to have gained just over 20 pounds. I gained 50 - 60 with each kid. Not kidding. Enjoy those extra pounds. They just mean your baby boy is growing! Hope the last couple of weeks go smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, bless your heart, these last weeks can really wear on you. Wishing you all the best these last weeks/days and I can tell you that having a little boy and a little girl is just the BEST! Those little boys steal their Moms hearts from Day #1. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...