Pages

07 January 2011

34/35 Weeks {aka Watch Mommy Grow}

How far along: 34w 4d

34 weeks with Baby Q
I am lookin' pretty exhausted these days...and no there isn't a beach ball under there. HA!

Total Wt Gain/Loss: +18# :/ I really should just stop looking at the scale, I find it terribly depressing...I know it's "good" and all, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Maternity Clothes:
Definitely wearing, especially pants! I love dresses and tunics, but mostly just live in sweats.

Best Moment thus far: I am really getting anxious to meet him. I am starting to wonder what he will look like, hair? no hair? who will he favor? what will his personality be like? will he be a sleeper? or colicky like Lo?

Gender: BOY!

Movement: His movements aren't as great as Lo's were. I just feel him some, enough to know that he is in fact still alive. Not sure if this is a good thing or not?! Maybe this means he will be easy going and a sleeper?!

Milestones: Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month. ~(courtesy of thebump.com)

Food Cravings: none really anymore.

What I miss: My brain. It is official gone. Mommy brain + pregnancy brain is not a good combo! :)

Sleep: What is sleep? Because I am not getting it. I hurt, I am HOT, I can't find a comfortable position and then when I do I have to get up and tinkle. Plus, my mind is just racing with all the unknowns, like when will he get here, who will take care of Lo, do we have everything, I still need to do... so frustrating, I just wish I could shut down my mind.

What I am looking forward to: The end. 4ish weeks and counting!!! {God willing} But while that is said, I am really just trying to enjoy being pregnant as best as I can. This is the last time for that and being a family of 3. I don't like change so there are a lot emotions going on for me right now, but I don't want to rush it.

Belly Button: Totally popped out. So embarrassing.

What I learned at my pre-natal visit:
33 week appt-
fairly uneventful. Just measured my belly (33 weeks) and listened to the heart beat 150bpm. She then scheduled my GD {gestational diabetes} appt finally, since they dropped the ball on that one!

GD Appt: I have been experiencing a lot of high blood sugar symptoms lately (or so I assume, but couldn't be certain b/c I didn't have a meter yet.) so I was anxious to get to this appointment and get this under control. Leaving this un-controlled is not healthy for either of us!

Anyways, I got my meter and then the doc said I needed to see the dietitian. HA! I laughed and said I AM a dietitian, so I could just skip that step, all I need you to tell me is what carb level you want me at and I can handle the rest. The doc laughed too and said she would bring in the RD then for a quick visit instead of the routine sit down and educate this poor patient bit. They are all so nice. The RD even gave me her email out of professional courtesy in case I do have any questions.

I guess I go back and see the GD doc every week until D-day. I am just glad my OB and GD doc are in the same building and the appointments can be done at the same time. My GD doc said use your pregnancy with my staff and they will get you in every.single.time. We take our pregnant mommas very seriously here, you are our top priority! I thought that was great.

So far I only had one really high blood sugar of 416 YIKES! {that is super duper high for those of you who don't know} I need to stay under 120 after meals. That one made me a bit nervous. If my sugars don't stay down I will be put on insulin shots.

Symptoms: Uh, contractions STILL. I am so ready to get this show on the road. I realize it is a tad early, but it doesn't ease the frustration of dealing with the contractions and NOTHING happening.
Heart burn is starting. With Lo I had it all the time and it felt like I had swallowed sulfuric acid, so far not to bad, so does this mean he won't have much hair? ;) At least he is a boy, so the hair thing won't bother me as much as it did with Lo. HA!
So.very.HOT! You would think it was July they way I walk around here dressed. At night I just nearly sweat to death. So glad I am not pregnant in July or I would never make it. {I feel sorry for you Misa, Jendy and April!! ;)}

Interesting things that happened/anecdotes:
I keep running into several older women {at my assisted living communities I consult for} and they all tell me how "little" I am and how I must be having a girl! Wouldn't that be crazy. ;)
{I am still not completely over not having another girl, but I am excited about having a boy now--if that makes any sense.}

Lo is "telling" people Baby Q's name, only problem is no one understands her. Which Chad and I think is such a hoot!!


3 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! You look great! But I know what you mean about the weight gain. With Whitney I was so happy to be pregnant that I didn't care if I felt big, with this one, I just feel big and don't like it!! (even though I know I'm still not big, it's bigger than I was)

    We're getting to the end, sorry about the GD stuff :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy a baby bump! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful! Love your bump :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...