Pages

08 January 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
click on the icon to join in on the fun, or read others.

I am in desperate need of today's Miscellany Monday. I just have so many random things I want to post on, why I never know, I just do. I guess I really enjoy reading the mundane in people's lives as much as the "exciting/rivoting" stuff.

So here we go:

1. Every year my storage room {which is uber tiny} and I go round and round. Every year I win. I am really quite a minimalist at heart, so I kept very little, yet every when I dig out the Christmas stuff and put it back it is a disaster and there will be causalities.

I should have taken a before picture, but who remembers to take pictures of stuff like that? Just imagine junk piled everywhere, and where you could barely walk in there.

Now imagine it so nice and organized...at least for another year. So until next year my arch nemesis until next year...

Now the play room is next...this would be a dream for our playroom to look like this. Organized and bright and fun.


2. This is one of my favorite Christmas gifts. Honestly it was really the only thing I just had to have! I have been so "jealous" of my friends with their under the counter CD players. I just thought it would be so fun to dance around with Lo and listen to music for background noise as oppose to having the TV on. And I have been so right. I love love love LOVE this thing!!


I want Lo to learn songs and dance. While I miss my tv shows, Lo is just at the age where I am realizing she may be picking up on all the wrong things that my "talk shows" talk about, so unless I want to watch Super Why and Elmo all day, this is the best solution...and I love it!

3. I crave routine. And since the holidays hit and I do mean Thanksgiving. We have had very little routine in our lives. From grocery shopping to nap time. We still aren't completely back to one yet, since I am working these two weeks, but we are getting closer. Of course, as soon as we hit our full stride, baby Q will be here and well, there goes our routine, and we will have to come up with a "new" one. ::heavy sigh::

4. Lo's 2nd Birthday is coming up and while in my heart and mind I have BIG plans, I have decided to let them all pretty much go. I/we have decided we are not going to be giving her a birthday party per-say. I am just feeling exhausted, and too overwhelmed to do something "grand." I don't know when Baby Q will arrive, so that makes it hard to plan too {remember his due date is her birthday weekend}. Plus, I am not all that into birthday parties, I just really like to spend time with family. So that is what we will do. Have a low key family party, with grandparents and aunt(s)/uncle and call it an afternoon. It's a bit "sad" but she is two, she doesn't even know her birthday is coming.

But I am still going to incorporate Minnie as much as I can.

I am hoping Chad and I can just take her on a special date for her birthday somewhere fun like Exploration Place or something.

5. Bean Tubs. Seriously, who knew a $3 bag of beans would provide DAYS of entertainment for a toddler! I have got to start switching up that sensory tub more, she just loves it.


6. Meet my new best friend.

My glucose meter. It really isn't that bad pricking my finger 4x/day. And now they have these new Delica ones, that seriously you don't even feel the prick at all. The only problem I have is remembering to do it. I have to test in the morning before I eat (fasting) and then 2 hours post meal. I am doing ok, but I have forgotten several times. But at least my blood sugars have been staying in the normal range for the most part.

I also get to test for ketones each morning...it's pretty much like taking a HPT each morning, only again it is hard to remember when you have to go so badly.

7. Finally, I have been reading again! I actually really love to read, but don't because it becomes so addicting for me and I do nothing else until I finish the book and then usually I read series, so then I MUST start the next one...it's a viscous cycle really.
This is the current series I am on thanks to my MIL. Best part? They are Christian murder mystery books! I know it sounds like an oxy-moron, but the author weaves Christian values and themes through the storyline.
I really admire Christians who think "outside the box" and create music or books that appeal to all types of personalities, but can STILL keep the Christian message front and center. You know not everyone loves hymns, some people like rap or rock music, or murder mystery books ;) and if you are a Christian it is so nice to have artists/authors in that world that give you that genre, but proclaiming Christ name all at the same time. Equals win-win. Check 'em out.

Well, I think I have bored you enough with my mundane life updates. Now jump over to Carissa's blog to see more Miscellany posts. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...