Pages

14 January 2011

23 months

We are now just one short month away from your 2 year birthday! I am so excited...not sad at all. I really love the growing up you are doing, I find it exciting. Of course, don't do it too fast, but don't stop. I love all the new big girl things we will get to do because of it. I see lots of mommy daughter dates in our future. Shoot I already have big plans for your third birthday. HA!

I am finding it weird though as I look at how grown you are, that just two short years ago you were this tiny baby, it is going to be crazy to have another tiny baby in the house. Now you just run around like a wild child and love life. You are your own person and I love it.

I could post about all these great accomplishments you have made over the last month, but really the learning and growing has slowed. So instead here are some "Lo-Loisms" {things you do and say that make us laugh, things that make you Lo}.


MommY: What is my name?
Lo: Chele
MommY: No, it is MOMMY! Lo, what is my name?
Lo: Chele Chele ::insert naughty smile::
Mommy: What is his name? ::points to daddy;;
Lo: DADDY!
Mommy: ::heavy heavy sigh::

Evidently, you have picked up on daddy calling me Chele, whereas I only ever call him daddy to you.

Loves to play dress up.
recently, you have developed a hat obsession.

Loves to play baby dolls, you are going to be such a good helper. Maybe too good. :/

Has enough babies to run your own daycare, as someone pointed out. And you have to sleep with ALL of them.

We hear you wake up each morning talking to your babies, can't really tell what you are saying but you are definitely tellin' them the what's what.


Speaking up waking up you love to wake up bright and early. 6a, to be exact, especially on weekends...you do know weekends are for sleeping in right?

You say everything under the sun now, I finally have my own little Avery. :)

Mommy is wishing you would take to your BIG GIRL bed, but you just "resist" it. Mommy doesn't have the strength or energy to "fight" you on it, so for now you will stay in your crib.


Again I say, you and Toby have a special relationship...Toby may be starting to feel differently though. HA!

Leaving you "unattended" is never a good idea...

I was on the phone to my mom, I knew you had gone into the spare bedroom, I assumed you were just getting one of your strollers or riders...then it got more quiet. I go looking for you and this is what I find.
She crawled into the baby bassinet. What a clown.
One of two things will happen when baby brother gets here: 1. she regresses majorly b/c she wants to be the baby or 2. she will step up and be a big sister. I am praying for the later.

We got to paint our piggies for the first time!
But oddly enough you don't really like it and haven't let me do it since!

You have a best friend. Here you are playing at NYE! You got to go to your first NYE party and stayed up all the way to 1030p! You played with all the kiddos there ages 2-11 and did fantastic, there were no melt downs. yay!

You love football. Daddy is very pleased. I told daddy who needs a boy when you have her.
Whenever a football game is on you yell "GO GO!" You also know who your Wildcats are!

You have a hair obsession, especially with mine. I am not "allowed" to wear my hair down. Good thing I rarely do, but when I do you pester me until I put it up.

Speaking of bossy, you are bossy.

Everyday when daddy comes home you run to me and squeeze me tight and say "no" with your goofy smile because you "don't" want daddy to come kiss you. You think this is such a funny game.

Still working on the concept of sharing. Everything is "mine" but you still share it...oh how I wish I could see inside the toddler mind.

You still don't understand the concept of "yes." You still say "no" to everything even if we know you mean "yes." It is so weird.

Have I told you how I LOVE mommy/daughter time.
I love that you will always only be my little princess.
You are very clingy to me again, perhaps you sense your brother's impending arrival.
Auntie Meg has been babysitting you these last two weeks while mommy works. You cry every time and just cling to me. On Wednesday we were sitting at the table eating breakfast and Meg walked through the door. You literally BURST into tears and buried your face in your hands. Of course, once I finally left you were fine with in two seconds...still it was pretty funny. Such a drama queen.

One of the funniest things you say is: When the count comes on Sesame Street you will say "ah ah AH!" in the Count's voice. It is too funny.

Thanks for joining in on "watch me grow." Sadly next month will probably be the last one, for her anyway, then we start on baby brother's! AH!

Happy 23 months big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...